The Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce is an active, membership driven organization. It is comprised of businesses and individual non-business members. These members focus their energies towards creating a stable and prosperous economic base for the community.
The Chamber of Commerce is the voice of the business community and acts to enhance trade and commerce in the Minnedosa area.
The Chamber of Commerce is a not for profit, membership driven organization comprised of member businesses and individuals. The executive consists of a Past President, President, 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary and Treasurer. The Chamber has over 145 members that represent every aspect of the local business community.
There are three standing sub-committees within the Chamber of Commerce.
- Retail Committee – chaired by a retail member.
- Membership Committee – chaired by a member of the Chamber.
- Business Improvement Committee – chaired by member of the Chamber.
Key Service Areas
- Voice of the Business Community – the voice of many is stronger than the voice of one – present the views of the business community on political and business related issues.
- Education – to keep our members abreast of new trends, governance or changes to law that may affect our business operations as well as any business developments within our community.
- Provide all members with an opportunity for information sharing.
- Marketing – of the Minnedosa businesses to new potential businesses, resident and visitors.
- Networking – provide Chamber members an opportunity to talk about their business – trade ideas.
- Community Involvement – support and promote business through community events.
- Increase Membership
- Increase attendance & participation in chamber meetings
- Maintain positive and active communication with town council
- Lobby council on issues affecting business
- Maintain relations with Tanner’s Crossing School & M.C.I. students/staff; discover ways to partner with projects involving community, education and student advancement.
- Promote our town businesses within our community and surrounding communities
- Enhance the profile and public confidence in the Chamber and its member businesses.
- Maintain active involvement in the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce.
Communication to Members
- Meetings are the second and fourth Monday of each month. Meetings are not held in July & August.
- Meeting agenda and minutes are e-mailed to the general membership along with ongoing correspondence and important notices.
Where to Find Chamber Members
- Chamber of Commerce Directory
- Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce Business Directory – circulated to the community at large.
- Annual publication of the Beachcomber – Tourism & local distribution by way of print, online and billboards.
- Minnedosa Town maps – tourism & local distribution
- MB Chamber Membership Directory
Community Initiatives Supported by the Chamber of Commerce
- Minnedosa Fun Fest & Heritage Days
- Communities in Bloom
- Rockin’ the Fields of Minnedosa
- Promotion of Minnedosa Money (Minnedosa Credit Union)
- Sponsor of the Manitoba Youth Job Centre
Community Events Sponsored by Chamber of Commerce
- Santa Day @ MCCC
- Ag Appreciation BBQ
- Fun Fest Downtown Street Market & Music in the Park; along with the Parade
Annual Events & Promotions Schedule
- AGM – February
- Attend MB Chamber AGM – April
- Retail Showcases – Annual
- Fun Fest Activities- July
- Shop Local Campaigns – December
- Santa Day – December
- Ag Barbecue – June
- Chamber Christmas Luncheon – Money Tree to the Food Bank
- Maintenance of Chamber web page
- Business of the Month – each month a Chamber member is recognized and profiled in our local paper
- Schedule Guest Speakers for Chamber meetings
- Maintenance of Chamber member directory
- Town maps
For more information on becoming a member of the Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce contact firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the following:
Chair Person - Meaghan Cann 204-867-2292
Past Chair - Steve Robson
Vice Chair - Magen Swift
Secretary - Vacant
Treasurer - Callie Mendrikis 204-867-0189
Chamber Coordinator: Lisa Bilcowski 204-867-0739